Jan 26, 2013

Accident

Girona, June 4th, 2009 © Marcin Świostek

I have some new photographs from this month but lets talk about this one.

I was covering my friend sculptor's - Tomàs Pons - exhibition opening. I saw this frame and waited for a few seconds - people were passing by all the time. The one thing I didn't foresee was that the man would, literally, escape from the camera.

Why have I chosen this picture? Last weekend we had workshops in Gdańsk with Photalitarism Collective. I had really good time talking about photography and shooting for two days. The one thing that disappointed me was the level of my photos. Today I developed a roll of film I shot a month ago. Result - blank negative. Disappointment again. So, as you can see, I'm a little bit under the weather right now photography-wise.

This picture reminds me that sometimes an accident is what you need to make a good photo. Most of the times, though, it doesn't. Have you got any photos that wouldn't be as good as they are if it weren't for a mistake? Share.

No comments:

Post a Comment